- 1 tsp. Irish moss for 45 min.
- O.75 cup of corn sugar for priming
- White Labs WLP001 (California Ale) or Wyeast 1056 (American Ale) yeast
- 6.6 lbs. Briess light malt extract syrup
- 14 oz. Briess Victory malt
- 14 oz. Briess Special Roast malt
- 14 oz. Briess crystal malt (60° L)
- 2 oz. Briess chocolate malt
- 6.2 AAU Cascade hops (bittering hop) – (0.75 oz. of 8.3% alpha acid)
- 3.25 AAU Nugget hops (bittering hop) – (0.25 oz. of 13% alpha acid)
- 1.2 AAU Fuggle hops (flavor hop) – (0.25 oz. of 4.7% alpha acid)
- 2.4 AAU Fuggle hops (aroma hop) – (0.5 oz. of 4.7% alpha acid)
Steep crushed malts in three gallons of water at 150º F for 30 min. Remove grains from wort, add malt syrup and powder and bring to a boil. Add Cascade and Nugget (bittering) hops, Irish moss and boil for 45 min. Add 0.25 ounce of Fuggle hops (flavor hops) for last 15 min. of the boil. Add 0.5 ounce of Fuggle (aroma) hops for the last two minutes of the boil.