- 8.0 oz (227 g) clear candi sugar (10 min)
- 6.0 oz (170 g) golden raisins, pureed (10 min)
- Wyeast 3522 Belgian Ardennes or White Labs WLP510 Belgian Bastogne
- 12.0 lb (5.44 kg) Belgian pale malt
- 8.0 oz (227 g) 60L crystal malt
- 4.0 oz (114 g) chocolate malt
- 1.0 oz (28 g) Magnum pellet hops, 14% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Vanguard pellet hops, 4.5% a.a. (steep)
Mash grains at 152°F (67°C) for 60 minutes. Mash out at 158°F (70° C) for 10 minutes. Sparge and bring to a boil, adding hops at specified intervals.
Halfway through boil, remove two cups of wort from kettle and soak raisins for 10-20 minutes. Puree in a blender and add back to kettle 10 minutes from the end of the boil, along with the candi sugar. Shut off the boil and add aromatic hops.
Chill to 70°F (21°C), aerate or oxygenate well and pitch ale yeast slurry. Ferment at 70-75°F (21-24°C) until fermentation is complete.